none
Event_Procedure setting in On_Click or On_Open events no longer work RRS feed

• Question

• This just started, it had been working fine for weeks in Access 2010 and Windows 8.1. I recently upgraded to Windows 10.  When the main form opens (I have Event Procedure in the On_Open property which tries to call 2 sub procedures) I get this error message:

"The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Constant expression required.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure].

* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro."

If I remove this setting, the form opens properly but when I click a button on this form that has [Event Procedure] in the On_Click property, I get the same error (with On_Click instead of On_Open).  The only thing this button is trying to do is open a form using DoCmd.OpenForm.

Please help

Saturday, June 4, 2016 8:33 PM

All replies

• Not sure if associated with you problem but try opening the VBA Editor and then select menu item Tools -> References and see if there are any missing references. If so, then note their names/descriptions and then delete them and then find the associated reference/s and check its box/s.

Regards, OssieMac

Sunday, June 5, 2016 3:25 AM