none
"Secure Boot Logo Test" - FAILED RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I would like to know if somebody can help me with the test "Secure Boot Logo Test". 

I am running the test and the result is the following fail:

Try to read a pre-existing NV,BS Microsoft Windows variable at Runtime using SetVariable()with "NV,BS,RT" specified. This should fail. 

Error: AreNotEqual(0, 0) - After ExitBootServices(), attempting to call GetVariable() on an existing variable with attributes "NV,BS" should fail.

Somebody can help me please?
    Friday, January 4, 2013 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try to update you BIOS then run again the test.
    • Marked as answer by Felipe Alm Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:47 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 6:05 AM
  • This is a BIOS bug.  Refer to the UEFI Specification 2.3.1 (latest Errata preferred), Section 7.2 Variable Services.

Best Regards, J Cox [Microsoft] “This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Hi, i am using the most recently available BIOS version. Can you tell me more about this Errata? Can i submit the packet with this fail and put Errata? What is the errata id for this case?
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:13 AM
  • This is not an HCK Errata.  Your system BIOS has a bug and does not meet the Windows 8 Hardware Certification Requirements.  We recommend that you contact your system or BIOS vendor and have them provide a fixed BIOS.

Best Regards, J Cox [Microsoft] “This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:27 PM