WCF Data Services/Azure - Error when loading .svc from browser RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

I tried browsing to the above URL (step #1) and it worked for me. I do get an ATOM service document. Your service doesn't seem to expose any entity sets though yet.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Monday, October 11, 2010 12:21 PM
  • Thanks Vitek.

There is no entity sets exposed through the .svc - that's correct. I clicked the link earlier and too was able to click through.

As a result, I uploaded the latest deployment and tried to click through with IE and again, it's failing. The link is below:

http://4598619d940e4a89af4bbdc4751a1126.cloudapp.net/chewsydataservice.svc

Questions:

1. Are you able to successfully click through on the link below as well?

2. If so, did you click through via IE8? Or some other method?

3. Without Fiddler, I notice that the redirects to 20000 happen implicitly. However, with Fiddler, :20000 is explicit in the URL. If I delete this portion from the URL, I can then hit the .svc. From that point on, it appears that all calls (without Fiddler enabled) to that endpoint succeed. If the above link is failing for you now as well, it'd be interesting to see if running the same experiment will yield a successful result for you.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

The link above also fails for me (IE9 Beta). In any case I suggest you ask this question on an Azure focused forum as it seems to be related to how services are hosted in Azure environment.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:15 AM