none
Reboot Prompt RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

Got an interesting one.  We have our WES7 image deployed to a bootable USB stick.  Sometimes the USB will be moved from one controller to another for debugging purposes.  When that happens, the prompt below often appears.  Most all our controllers are identical right down to the license stickers on the box, but I assume this prompt is still driven from a hardware difference the OS sees on bootup (HWID on the SSD possibly?).  Anyway, since we are running EWF RAM Reg, simply clicking reboot will cause a reboot and the message to re-appear.  To get it to go away, we have to commit and disable the write filter and reboot to get the message to disappear.  

My question is, can I totally suppress the message?  Usually when this USB move happens, there will be new application software installed and eventually a commit will happen to install any PnP drivers that need taken care of.   I just don't want the end user confused by it or to cause someone to continually reboot the system only to continue to see this message because EWF is preventing anything form changing on the system disk.

Thanks!

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:35 PM

All replies

• You are correct the subtle hardware differences (PnP IDs, MAC address, etc) are what is causing the restart to appear. You should be able to ignore the dialog as there is a Restart Later option. Dialog filter or the service to scan the desktop for this dialog and close it should work.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, March 18, 2013 10:37 PM