none
Cannot get Windows 7 embedded on a Neoware e370 thin client RRS feed

• Question

• I was hoping to create a Windows 7 embedded image for a Neoware e370 thin client that has 1 GB memory and a 1 GB Flash card.  When I try to boot it from the from the 32 bit image DVD Windows starts to load but feezes on the "Starting Windows" screen.  I tried booting in safe mode and it stops when it gets to "disk.sys".  Any ideas how to get around this?
    Friday, December 17, 2010 6:37 AM

All replies

• ratmedic, did you ever get this working.  I am trying to do the same thing only on an e90 and e100 neoware thin client.  Thanks.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 9:51 PM
  • There is nearly no chance that it will work under normal conditions with 1Gb Flash and Ram.

You can try Offline building (search for it).

But my recommandation is using a bigger Flash and more Ram for the Mastersystem.
    If you're than ready you can try to capture/copy the image to the original 1gb flash and so on.
    Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:29 PM
  • Hi.  I never got anywhere with this.  I think the BIOS in the Neoware machines does not support Windows 7, and does not supprt flash drives larger than 1 GB.  I don't think any BIOS updates are forthcoming since HP bought Neoware  -  HP seems to want you to throw away your old thin clients and buy new ones!  What I did instead was build some terminals using a Shuttle silent fanless Intel Atom based computer with a SSD drive that mounts on the back of a flat screen monitor.  I think it cost less than similar thin clients that are available but it can run full Windows 7 Pro
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:25 PM
  • Looks like the e370 uses the Via Eden processor, which will struggle to run Windows 7 with the limite RAM and storage. Greate for XPe not for WES7.

-Sean 

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:18 AM