none
Visual Studio 2015 not opening Split and Design window

Question

• Hi

I my VS 2015 suddenly Spilt and Design mode not working, i cant click split button, if i click Design button , it simply showing Source code, no visual design window.

I try to open aspx or html page  -- > right file  click and open with "Web Form Editor or Web Form Editor with encoding  or HTML Web form or  HTML Web form Encoding etc.." nothing working. 

I tried with run as administrator or restart machine, devene / resetsetting ,devenv / safemode  all not working.

Note : In my VS 2015 Design, Spilt and Source button are appear.
    Pls reply asap

Regards

Aravind

• Edited by Aravindpanchu Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:58 AM description chnages
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Aravind,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Before this issue happened, did you made any changes to VS like install updates, extensions or others, or install the windows updates? If so, please try to remove those installed items and test this issue again.

Please create a new ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)-Web Forms to check if this issue, it can help us to confirm this issue is relates to your current project or not.

If this issue persists for the new project, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, right click the VS 2015 and Change-Repair
    2. Run the developer command prompt for VS 2015 as administrator and type the command: devenv /resetuserdata to clean up the old data cache
    3. Backup the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files then delete it
    4. Rename or delete %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Aravindpanchu Friday, April 21, 2017 12:53 PM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 4:32 AM
  • Hi Aravind,

Usually we discuss one issue in one thread and it can help us to research and trace your issue.

For your new question, it looks like about the VB development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to the appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral and start a new thread for your issue, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Aravindpanchu Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Aravind,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Before this issue happened, did you made any changes to VS like install updates, extensions or others, or install the windows updates? If so, please try to remove those installed items and test this issue again.

Please create a new ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)-Web Forms to check if this issue, it can help us to confirm this issue is relates to your current project or not.

If this issue persists for the new project, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features, right click the VS 2015 and Change-Repair
    2. Run the developer command prompt for VS 2015 as administrator and type the command: devenv /resetuserdata to clean up the old data cache
    3. Backup the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files then delete it
    4. Rename or delete %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Aravindpanchu Friday, April 21, 2017 12:53 PM
    Friday, April 21, 2017 4:32 AM
  • Hi 

Thank you for your reply, yes i did something like if i open web application in VS2015 need run as administrator, Each time run VS2015 as administrator, so i google it and find some forums, in that they specified, open VS2015 installer folder and  right click devene.exe form this folder path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe and i click Troubleshoot Capability -- > Trouble Program and i check "The program requires additional  permissions " and save it.
    After that i face  design and spilt windown not working.

Now i try to solve using same installer and repair it. Now working fine.

Regards & Thanks 
    Aravind

Friday, April 21, 2017 12:53 PM
  • Hi Aravind,

I'm so glad to heart that your issue is solved and thank you for your sharing, it will help other community members who meet the same issue to search this information.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:37 AM
  • Hi Now i got another problem, if i trace code using breakpoints , i cant get value of variable, E.g: Dim strName as String="Aravind", If i place breakpoints and mouse click on strName i cant get value "Aravind" Pls help me how to solve this problem, need to enable any option in Visual Studio Tool menu. Regards Aravind
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:33 AM
  • Hi Aravind,

Usually we discuss one issue in one thread and it can help us to research and trace your issue.

For your new question, it looks like about the VB development. Since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, please redirect to the appropriate forum: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral and start a new thread for your issue, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Aravindpanchu Wednesday, April 26, 2017 4:28 AM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:51 AM