Disabling pinch to zoom on Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• How does one go about disabling the pitch to zoom in Silverlight 5?  For now, I would like to disable ALL touch gestures in the application until I have time to implement the features that are appropriate, how does one do that?
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Silverlight processes touch messages at the level of the raw message, analogous to the platform WM_TOUCH, along with access to other APIs that can capture touchpoint characteristics at that raw level that are then exposed as Silverlight APIs. Silverlight does not natively process touch to gestures, use the platform capabilities to that effect, or process WM_GESTURE. (Processing WM_GESTURE would require a registration state with the platform that Silverlight 5 does not opt into.)

If you want to process touch using the gesture metaphor, your code must handle the touch events and use the API exposed under Silverlight 5 and process into gestures, with or without using the platform API for gestures. This is not trivial.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:02 AM
  • I don't want to handle touch gestures, I want to SUPPRESS them.  The Silverlight application is a kiosk application that is running in a custom application that goes full screen.  (We have created custom application to host the WebControl, which is simply IE.)

Our customers are reporting their customers are using touch gestures to "zoom in" and then they cannot zoom out.  The desire is to stop/suppress this until we have time to implement the correct gestures.

Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:45 PM
  • The simplest way woudl be to design your app so that you don't use both types of control in an interactive way on the same page.

Or, if you must, when you detect the first XNA touch disable touch on the Silverlight controls.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:32 AM
  • Well, currently the application is NOT designed to use both types of controls, it knows NOTHING about touch screens.  Somehow the system is zooming though to the point where the customer cannot unzoom it.
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:09 PM
  • try this,

set Settings.EnableAutoZoom Property as false.

more see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.interop.settings.enableautozoom(VS.95).aspx

• Marked as answer by EHCarleton Thursday, July 10, 2014 1:21 AM
    Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:05 AM