activate a web button with VBA RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i hope i am in the right place for that issue,

i am having a code in VBA which opens an IE browser, then goes to a website where i need to update some info, and after the update i need to click the save button, i have the code for it, but the problem is the save button is not getting activated until you manually put in some info on the page, then the button gets activate and you can click it, can some one get me some idea how i can get around it?

this code what i made actually puts in the table field the value 5, but somehow the webpage dont recognize that i changed something so the save button is not getting activate.

here is my code;

Set objCollection = ie.Document.getelementsbytagname("input")

i = 0
        While i < objCollection.Length
            If objCollection(i).Name = SKU Then
               objCollection(i).Value = "5"

End If

i = i + 1
        Wend

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hello,

You can try one other thing like ,you can use vba form and use "WebBrowser" control ,navigate website url in webbrowser control and use controls id and fill data ,i am sure this would help you to click save button.

Please find reference program for your reference: "https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A8A5834627BF3B29!168"

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Badhani

• Edited by Gaurav Badhani Monday, April 1, 2013 6:16 AM .
    • Marked as answer by Sol Stein Monday, April 13, 2015 10:40 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can try one other thing like ,you can use vba form and use "WebBrowser" control ,navigate website url in webbrowser control and use controls id and fill data ,i am sure this would help you to click save button.

Please find reference program for your reference: "https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=A8A5834627BF3B29!168"

Thanks & Regards,

Gaurav Badhani

• Edited by Gaurav Badhani Monday, April 1, 2013 6:16 AM .
    • Marked as answer by Sol Stein Monday, April 13, 2015 10:40 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 6:16 AM
  • thanks for your reply, will look into it, i am having this code in outlook VBA i dont think it could work there, but will try to work & will let you know,

thanks again

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 5:55 PM