none
Catch event when user tries to edit footer in PowerPoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I was looking through API reference, but couldn't find anything useful. So I hope someone could get me into right direction here.

I'm looking for a way to catch the event soon a user tries to edit a footer inside a PowerPoint presentation. Is there any such event?

If not maybe someone else has an idea of what I like to realize:

As soon as a user activates the footer editing part, I'd like to open a form instead where the user can change data that will be set into footer. The user should not be able to edit the footer "the normal way", but only through that form.

As a last option if above is not possible, can someone tell me if I can set the footer somehow read-only through code?

Many thanks and regards,

Thomas

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

There seems no specific event can handle your issue. As far as I know the Footer of the sliders is consider as a common Text Placeholder. It has no different like other labels. And In PowerPoint PIA there only have no event can be subscribed for this kind of entries.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

As far as I know that there have event will be fined when Slide selection has been changed, however I never learned any event will be fined when the shape selection in the slide has been changed. I think might it is a work round that import Win32 API to find out which shape has been selected.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

There seems no specific event can handle your issue. As far as I know the Footer of the sliders is consider as a common Text Placeholder. It has no different like other labels. And In PowerPoint PIA there only have no event can be subscribed for this kind of entries.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:57 AM
  • Okay, that means the only way preventing a user from changing the footer is during saving or closing the presentation and replacing the Text Placeholder with the data saved in the backend?

Is there at least an event that catches the selections of sliders?

Regards,
    Thomas

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:22 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

As far as I know that there have event will be fined when Slide selection has been changed, however I never learned any event will be fined when the shape selection in the slide has been changed. I think might it is a work round that import Win32 API to find out which shape has been selected.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:57 AM