From where to download this Microsoft mobile internet toolkit..???? Please help asap RRS feed

• Question

• User-788798885 posted

hello 

i have been searching for this MMIT for visualstudio 2008. but i am not to get the this toolkit anywhere in MSDN or micrsoft website and new to this mobile development. 

and also let me know from where i can get this MMIT ?? 

but for now i have downloaded windows mobile sdk latest version but it does not include mobile web pages or mobile web control so what should i do?? is there any other way that i can develope a mobile website in asp.net..

regards

Aditya 

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:32 AM

Answers

• User2130758966 posted

I haven't ever developed a site soley for a mobile but Microsoft does have some up to date documentation here:

There are some other tutorials out there by the looks of it:

To be honest the latest phones can browse the real web so most websites work on mobiles anyway. If you have used css based designs then your pages will be able to collapse down to fit into the smaller screen.

If you are building an application rather than a general information site though you will probably have to give some thought to building a second portal with a specifically designed, stripped down interface.

I think therer are mobile control versions which mirrors most of the real controls.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:21 AM

All replies

• User2130758966 posted

This was discussed on here last month. The application and the associated technologies are all long dead as far as my research showed. It has been integrated into asp.net as the mobile controls.

Somebody did manage to turn up a working link but you are not going to be building any current gen mobile content with it!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:51 AM
  • User-788798885 posted

ok that means now MMIT is integrated with .net framework.

but now my question is how to get mobile controls  or get mobile web forms in toolbox ?? 

is there any other way i can develop mobile website in asp.net ??

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:34 PM
  • User2130758966 posted

I haven't ever developed a site soley for a mobile but Microsoft does have some up to date documentation here:

There are some other tutorials out there by the looks of it:

To be honest the latest phones can browse the real web so most websites work on mobiles anyway. If you have used css based designs then your pages will be able to collapse down to fit into the smaller screen.

If you are building an application rather than a general information site though you will probably have to give some thought to building a second portal with a specifically designed, stripped down interface.

I think therer are mobile control versions which mirrors most of the real controls.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 4:21 AM