Silverlight not downloading to the right location RRS feed

• Question

• trying to watch Netflix on Firefox I have been asked to download the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight. In going through the download steps, I get to the 'Destination Select' page where I find a message saying

" You cannot install Microsoft Silverlight Internet Browser Plugin in this location. The Microsoft Silverlight Internet Browser Plugin installer does not allow its software to be installed here. "

there is the option of 'Installing for all users of this computer'

which I have tried on various attempts and although the silverlight downloaded, it did not make any difference to my netflix which again said that I needed to download silverlight!

I have already tried deleting all previous versions of silverlight, but nothing has worked

HELP PLEASE!!
    Wednesday, September 14, 2016 11:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Chalk0017,

Where do you download Silverlight and which version of browser do you use to download?

As far as I know, the Destination Select page should pop up from the browser, which will let us choose save the download content or run it directly.

I download Silverlight from below official site with IE and Firefox.

https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/default.aspx

In IE, it let me choose to run it or save it. In Firefox, it prompt me save it and after I click the Save File button, the Silverlight saved successful.

So I suggest you choose IE to download Silverlight installer and install it.

In addition, please check your Firefox version based on below link, whether it still supports Silverlight or not. If not, please change another browser to make sure the Silverlight can run correctly.

https://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:56 AM
    • Marked as answer by Weiwei Cai Friday, September 30, 2016 9:38 AM
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 7:29 AM