Unfortunately, app_name has stopped. RRS feed

• Question

• User291794 posted

I've done everything the Hello, Android Tutorial said. Although I had some issues in the beginning, I finally made it work. So, changing only the layout and Main.Activity from SetContentView (Resource.Layout.Main); downwards the app just can't be deployed. I run the Emulator and it shows me the icon, I press it, but then it just shows a black screen with an "Unfortunately, app_name has stopped." error message.... I don't get it - all Builds are successful, if I copy the "Phoneword" 's Main.Activity source back and change the layout again - it starts.... Why!?!? I even don't change the Required Permissions, nor the Minimal Android to target - everything is the same.

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:25 PM

Answers

• User291794 posted

OK, for all those noobers out there like myself - you are an idiot, no matter if you haven't admit it yet... just check and re-check and re-check a 1000 times if you have to... if the tutorial Hello, Android lunched and continues to lunch even though your own program doesn't - just check your code..... and then, check it gain....

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 5:06 PM