none
Visual Studio emulators and HyperV or can VM player also work?

Question

• I am working om an HP elite book with i7 processor 16gb memory windows 10 with visual studio 2015

I first tried Hyper -V but I had to abandon it due to intermittent network problems. It is not simply disable hyper-v to remove the problems. I had to reinstall from scratch.  Then there is that issue with graphics if you go through an upgrade process to windows 10 you cannot install the second generation clients and therefore you cannot use full HD(1920*1080) Since that time I used VMplayer 12. Works fine but when I tried to use the emulator it tells me that Hyper-V is not active. 

So can anybody tell me if they have experience with emulators in Visual studio 2015 and VMPlayer 12.  My biggest problem with going back to  Hyper-V are the intermittent network problems and the vast amounts of work involved. (My office environment sits also in a virtual machine. The same is true for my trade platform. Everything is separated. The "server" part is only serving the virtual machines. I am quit happy with the way it works but that emulator thing if someone knows a way of getting that to work would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Sunday, February 14, 2016 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan,

Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, just to make this issue clearly, do you developing the UWP app in your VS2015 Environment?

As you said that your Hyper-V met the network problem, do you mean that you couldn't start your Emulators in your Hyper-V manager? Do you get any detailed error messages in your side?

Maybe you could share us a screen shot about the detailed error message when you start your Emulators in your Hyper-V managers.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 11:31 AM