none
you are not able to update your licence in this application - VS2015 has stopped working why?

Question

• Visual Studio has stopped working Why?
    I have a valid MSDN subscription, and a valid lic for the product as reported on the site.
    I have a screen shot but cannot attach it here because my valid email address that I used to logon to MSDN is not been validated.
    I have tried to remove and add my email ID but that does not work.
    It tells me to start visual studio to resolve this problem and it only opens another instance of VS with exactly the same problem - do MS have UX designers?
    What the hell is going on?
    How the hell do I get VS2015 to work?
    Is the only working version the community edition?
    I waited till VS2015 Update1 was out to make sure it was not a RC or anything like that.
    I downloaded Enterprise from the MSDN site.
    What is going on?
    If you display an error message you need to have a call to action to fix it, if there is an abstraction of what the message is really trying to tell me and googling it does not help, then you have a customer that is very unhappy with you.
    Friday, September 30, 2016 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Doug Thompason,

Thanks for your post.

>>I have a screen shot but cannot attach it here because my valid email address that I used to logon to MSDN is not been validated.

If you have the screenshot, Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link here.

For your issue, "Visual Studio has stopped working". Please do the steps below to check whether it helps.

1.Restart your machine and disable the anti-virus software, run your Visual Studio as administrator.

2.Clean the cache of your Visual Studio, delete all the contents in this folder:

C:\Users\your account\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0

3. Run your Visual Studio in Safe mode to Check whether some add-ins and extensions affect it (devenv /safemode)

If above suggestions still no help, try to your repair your Visual Studio or install the VS2015 Update3, the latest update of VS2015.

Hope that could be helpful.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, October 03, 2016 2:26 AM