Rewrite a Sql web config file to connect to Oracle server RRS feed

• Question

• User191930160 posted

I am using Visual Studio 2008 for my website, the back end was sql server, but now it is going on an oracle server of which I have no access too. Someone else is doing the move. I was told the installation failed because the connectionstrings were not correct and I have to rewrite the connectionstrings in the webconfig file to connect to the oracle db. I have the username, password, and database name for the oracle server. I have no other information for the oracle server.  And I have no experience with Oracle what so ever. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can I just rewrite the connection strings in the web config file? Is that enough to fix this? If so what do I write and where in the web config file do I put it?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:38 AM

All replies

• User-1226263862 posted

Find your answers here: http://connectionstrings.com/

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 10:39 AM
  • User191930160 posted

B471code3: Thanks for the link. I found and am using this:

Data Source=MyOracleDB;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;Integrated Security=no;

So in my webconfig file do I just replace this:

<add name”xxxxxxxconnectionstring” connectionstring=”data source=sql server;Initial Catalog=xxxx;Integrated security=true” providername=”System.data.sqlclient”/>

With this:

<add name=”xxxxxConnectionString” connectionString=”Data Source=xxxx;User ID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Integrated Security=no;”/>

Do I do that for all of the connectionstrings in the webconfig file? I have fourteen of them.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:33 PM