Can't change the name of a table RRS feed

• Question

• I changed a table name in a back end from tblDateToDay to tblLetterDays.  But now when I execute the code below, I get the error "Run-time error '3078':  The Microsoft Access Database engine cannot find the input table or query 'tblDateToDay'.  Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.'  In the Linked Table Manager, the name of the table is tblLetterDays.  I've "compact and repaired" both front and back end.

When I run the linked table manager, I see the new name, tblLetterDays, but I get the error "The Microsoft Access Data Engine could not find the object 'tblDateToDay'......" 

Where is the old name being stored?  How can I get rid of it?

ls_sql = "Insert into tblLetterDays(CalDate)" _
                & " VALUES (" & ldt_date & ")"
      Stop
        Call CurrentDb.Execute(ls_sql, dbFailOnError)

TIA

LAS

Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:04 AM

Answers

• Just delete the old Linked Table in the Front-End and then Use the Get External Data... to re-create the Linked Table with the source is the re-named Table in the Back-End. 

While you can rename the newly-created Linked Table to the old name, it is very confusing later.  It is best to use the same Table name from the Back-End as the name of the newly-created Linked Table.  You can then modify your SQL String to use the new Linked Table name.

Van Dinh

Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:29 AM