none
[WHCK] System- -secure boot logo test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sirs,

I have one question about secure boot logo test.

I used WHCK RTM QFE02 run Mobile System test and got pass result about one month ago.

I had already submited it and got one submission ID.

But yesterday,I found the secure boot logo test failed....

No BIOS and drivers changed,only the test time is different.

Is there someone also has this problem?

Or someone know more about this?

Thank you!

White

Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:40 PM

Answers

• There is a known issue on this. Check with your firmware vendor for an updated version.

• Proposed as answer by JJ Cox Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by WhiteSong Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:27 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Sorry that you are seeing an issue on something that has previously worked for you. Can you provide more context and share what the error or logs say about the failure?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:36 PM
  • Hi John Garcia,

I found if roll back the date time of HCK Studio and Client to September,it can pass.

Error information as below.

=============================

Error 10/13/2012 8:00:03.205 AM Unexpected Powershell Exception: System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Incorrect authentication data: 0xC0000022 ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Incorrect authentication data: 0xC0000022 at System.Management.Automation.MshCommandRuntime.ThrowTerminatingError(ErrorRecord errorRecord) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.PipelineBase.Invoke(IEnumerable input) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.ConstructPipelineAndDoWork(Runspace rs, Boolean performSyncInvoke) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.Worker.CreateRunspaceIfNeededAndDoWork(Runspace rsToUse, Boolean isSync) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvokeHelper[TInput,TOutput](PSDataCollection`1 input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvoke[TInput,TOutput](PSDataCollection`1 input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings) at System.Management.Automation.PowerShell.CoreInvoke[TOutput](IEnumerable input, PSDataCollection`1 output, PSInvocationSettings settings) at Microsoft.UefiSecureBootLogo.Tests.OutOfBoxAllowCorrectlySignedSetVariable()
    File:    Line: -1
    Error Type:   
    Error Code:   0x0
    Error Text:   Error 0x00000000
    Error 10/13/2012 8:00:04.205 AM IsTrue - SetVariable() that appends using valid Out-of-Box AuthInfo should succeed. WexContext Verify

File:   Need_Symbols Line: 0
    Error Type:   
    Error Code:   0x0
    Error Text:   Error 0x00000000
    End Test 10/13/2012 8:00:00.671 AM Microsoft.UefiSecureBootLogo.Tests.OutOfBoxAllowCorrectlySignedSetVariable
    Result:   Fail

=======================

Thank you.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 12:18 AM
  • Hi,

I have the exact same error message with a desktop system. At first I was able to successfull run the Secure Boot Logo Test and two weeks later, same configuration, same BIOS, I get this error message. But unfortunately I can not resolve it with rolling back the date time to September. 
    The first test passed on 10/08/2012 and even setting the date time to 10/08/2012 changes nothing.

Is this a known issue at microsoft? Are there known workarounds or soon to be released QFEs?

I am using WHCK RMT QFE 005 and trying to certify desktop systems with ASUS Mainboards.

Thank you.

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:56 AM
  • Hi Eva L,

Do you roll back the date time of both HCK Studio and HCK chient?(Server2008R2 and Win8)

I have asked our BIOS engineer,the issue can be solved by BIOS.

It can pass by skip something in BIOS....

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:15 AM
  • There is a known issue on this. Check with your firmware vendor for an updated version.

• Proposed as answer by JJ Cox Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by WhiteSong Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:27 PM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hi WhiteSong,

yes I did roll back the time of both, I even tried different dates, including the one, when the test once passed.

Can you find out, what you have to skip in BIOS to pass it?

Thank you.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

I already did, but they also just told me to roll back the date before 9/16. It helped with the Secure Boot Manual Logo Test. But unfortunately not with the Secure Boot Logo Test.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:09 AM
  • Hi Eva L,

I'm sorry I didn't know more information about BIOS.

I think you'd better ask your BIOS team for help.

Thank you.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:39 AM
  • Set the system clock to a date before September 16 (maybe WHCK server as well) and run the test again.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:25 AM