none
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Update fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I don't know whether this is the right forum or not, but here's my story:

I'm currently using Windows 7 Ultimate x86. When I try to install the Windows 7 SP1 update, the update downloads successfully, but it can't install. After restarting the screen is simply black. After I restart in safe mode, the screen displays that update failed. After the changes had rolled back I restarted my PC and the same problem occured: the screen stayed black. I could only log on in safe mode.

Any ideas what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

Preveen
    Saturday, March 5, 2011 6:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Praveen,
    This forum is for software developers who are using the Open Protocol Specification documentation to assist them in developing systems, services, and applications that are interoperable with Windows. The Open Protocol Specifications can be found at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc203350(PROT.10).aspx. Since your post does not appear to be related to the Open Protocol Specification documentation set we would appreciate it if you could try to post your question in a more relevant forum.

Windows 7 IT Pro -> Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment

Thank you.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 12:02 AM
  • As software developer I have the above problem too.  But not only that with Visual Studio update also. 

As a developer I have always ensure my apps clean up after themselves - these failed installs are very bad examples because A) they leave rubbish all over what happens to be the active drive at the time and you can't clean it up even when you have FULL administrator writes.  "Acces denied"

Monday, September 19, 2011 1:39 AM