none
.mdb and C# form question for a Rich Text Box RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok heres my question.

I have a program that i am writing that uses a .mdb database file.
    All the fields are set to Memo in the database for the size.

My problem is i have a Rich Text Box that is used to gather info before it gets saved to the .mdb file.

I narrowed it down to a maximum size problem with the RTB.

Is there any way to increase the maximum data size of the RTB so that saving more then 3 sentences won't crash the program and will actually save the 3 sentences +. ? 
    Or is there some trick to get around that that i am not getting at the moment?

So to restate my problem.

I can't save anything over roughly 3 sentences from my C# form to a .mdb file without the program kicking out an exception, And the .mdb fields are already set to Memo.

Thanks for any help/input in advance. This has been bugging me for a while and i haven't found anything online yet but i will keep searching.
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, March 2, 2009 2:39 PM Moved (Moved from Visual C# IDE to Windows Forms General)
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Monday, March 2, 2009 2:46 PM Moved (Moved from Visual C# IDE to Windows Forms General)
    • Changed type Kira Qian Friday, March 6, 2009 9:31 AM
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟 Thursday, August 7, 2014 12:49 AM not winforms related
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 8:13 PM

All replies

•  

Hi RobK4512,

Base on my test, When I insert text that is larger that 3 sentences to the Memo field, I can successfully do it.

The maximum number of characters for a text field is 255. The max characters in a memo field is 65,535. Please look at this: http://www.techimo.com/forum/webmastering-programming/175575-access-database-max-field-size.html

Did you use plain text? Did your text over than 65,535? Which version of MS access did you use?

Sincerely,
    Kira Qian

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Wednesday, March 4, 2009 3:17 AM
  •  

We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post editor window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't.
    Friday, March 6, 2009 9:30 AM
  • I have problem..I am reading a text file into RTB and I have to store this RTB data in MS Access data base how can I do that...
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:57 AM