none
Excel 2016 32 bits Issue: Cannot create ActiveX Component RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

I have a dll Library that works nice with Excel 2013 32 bits, but fails with Excel 2016 32 bits, showing the following message: Cannot Create ActiveX Component (I can compile the VBA code test without error).

I created a VB6 EXE app to test that dll and it worked nice.

Many thanks for any kind of help.

Best regards,

Ciro

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 10:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, I find its mainly related to Excel VBA code and .dll Library. To better resolve the issue, I will move it to Excel for Developer forum.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards, 

Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Wednesday, October 24, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Hi Ciro,

I noticed that you have asked the same one here. Does the answer in this post resolve your problem?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hi, Yuki!

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, the problem continues.

Any suggestion?

Best regards,

Ciro

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:28 PM
  • Hi Ciro!

I've test it on my Excel 2016(32 bits), unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue.

Also, could you tell us which component you were creating when this error occurred?

It seems there's a similar issue with yours, please check this. If the solution helps, please let us know.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:35 AM
  • Hi Yuki!

Using my development (Win 10 + Excel 2013 32 bits) computer I cannot reproduce the issue too.

In another computer (Win 8 + Excel 2013 32 bits), I can reproduce the issue.

Continuing the search for a solution, I create a VB.Net app and I could access the dll without any issues:

Imports Dobro_DLL

Public Class Form1

''' <summary>
        ''' Register the dll.
        ''' </summary>
        Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim sDLLFilePath As String = "c:\Windows\SysWow64\Dobro_DLL.dll"
            Process.Start("regsvr32", "/s " & sDLLFilePath)

End Sub

''' <summary>
        ''' Test the dll.
        ''' </summary>
        Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Dim c = New clsTeste

Dim s = "The double of {0} is {1}"
            MessageBox.Show(String.Format(s, 2, c.Dobro(2)))

End Sub

End Class

Reproducing the issue (Computer with Win 8 + Excel 32 bits):

Option Explicit

' Running this code in another computer (Win 8 + Excel 2013 32 bits) I can compile without any problem, but the issues occurs
    Sub Test()

Dim c As New Dobro_DLL.clsTeste

Debug.Print (c.Dobro(2))

End Sub
    The big difference between the two environments is in my development computer VB6 is installed and on the test computer, don't.

Perhaps some VBA component is missing... ?

Any suggestion?

Ciro

• Edited by Oric.CQ Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 9:04 PM
  • Any suggestion? Please!

Ciro

Saturday, November 3, 2018 1:26 PM