Slow Image Drawing Problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-1585994330 posted

Hey. im attempting to screenshot a website based on its URL, to do this im using the <a href="http://www.websitesscreenshot.com/">WebsiteScreenShot</a> API.

I draw the image in 4 different sizes in order to accomadate my site, but this sometimes moves very slow. If it moves slow my users can become frustrated and refresh the page and this means the newly made images have no database referance leading to alot of redunant (and space wasting) files. Is their a better way of doing this / speeding it up.

I had considered redirecting the user to a placehold page and having an animation inform them that we are submitting their request, and then resizing the images in the background, then boucing them to the finished page, but i dont think this is the most effiecient method.. can anyone suggest anything? thanks Simon

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:01 AM

Answers

• User1712388314 posted

You can do iton the same paeg - just disable any submit buttons and show some friendly message box. In order to prevent from user's F5 clicking you can store some variable in session that will mean that screenshot generation already in process. For example, set Session["InProcess"] = true, and every PostBack start screenshot generation only if Session["InProcess"] is not set or null.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 24, 2008 8:21 AM

All replies

• User1712388314 posted

You can do iton the same paeg - just disable any submit buttons and show some friendly message box. In order to prevent from user's F5 clicking you can store some variable in session that will mean that screenshot generation already in process. For example, set Session["InProcess"] = true, and every PostBack start screenshot generation only if Session["InProcess"] is not set or null.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 24, 2008 8:21 AM
  • User-1585994330 posted
    okay, sounds like a plan, thanks! Si
    Friday, October 24, 2008 1:48 PM