Ajax Tookit Editor error - MicrosoftAjax.debug.js Error Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined RRS feed

• Question

• User-1355965324 posted
    Hi

I am using web developer 2010 express and Vista is the operating system. I downloaded Alaxtoolkit 4.00 ver and when I am using the editor  on my project and while running the

page the following error is coming from the page MicrosoftAjax.debug.js.. I tried many times but I cannot fix it  and could not find where is the problem . Other tool seems to be working fine.
     Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
    Parameter name: type 
    When I Break the code the following page  MicrosoftAjax.debug.js will appear
     // <param name="properties" optional="true" mayBeNull="true">A JSON object that describes the properties and their values.</param>
        /// <param name="events" optional="true" mayBeNull="true">A JSON object that describes the events and their handlers.</param>
        /// <param name="references" optional="true" mayBeNull="true">A JSON object that describes the properties that are references to other components.  The contents of this object consists of name/id pairs.  If in a two-pass creation, the setting of these properties will be delayed until the second pass.</param>
        /// <param name="element" domElement="true" optional="true" mayBeNull="true">The DOM element the component must be attached to.</param>
        /// <returns type="Object">The component instance.</returns>
        var e = Function._validateParams(arguments, [
            {name: "type", type: Type},
            {name: "properties", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
            {name: "events", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
            {name: "references", mayBeNull: true, optional: true},
            {name: "element", mayBeNull: true, domElement: true, optional: true}
        ]);
        if (e) throw e; //Error pointer is coming here     if (type.inheritsFrom(Sys.UI.Behavior) || type.inheritsFrom(Sys.UI.Control)) {
            if (!element) throw Error.argument('element', Sys.Res.createNoDom);
        }
        else if (element) throw Error.argument('element', Sys.Res.createComponentOnDom);
        var component = (element ? new type(element): new type());
        callIf(component, "beginUpdate");
        if (properties) {
            Sys.Component._setProperties(component, properties);

Monday, December 2, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

Hi polachan,

Thanks for the post.

According to the error message, I think maybe you were missing something in the web.config Ajax controls relative.

Firstly, making sure you have installed the ajax dll. Then create an new project with AJAX Enabled Template.

You can copy content of the new project web.config to your currect project web.config. Please take a try.

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 3:10 AM

All replies

• User555306248 posted

register the AjaxControlToolkit at the top of the page.

< ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server"> < /ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager>

Monday, December 2, 2013 9:58 PM
  • User-1355965324 posted

I did that code on the top of the page earlier , still have the problem. 

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" CombineScripts="false">
        </asp:ToolkitScriptManager>
    <cc1:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server" />

Anyway  Thanks

Pol

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:41 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi polachan,

Thanks for the post.

According to the error message, I think maybe you were missing something in the web.config Ajax controls relative.

Firstly, making sure you have installed the ajax dll. Then create an new project with AJAX Enabled Template.

You can copy content of the new project web.config to your currect project web.config. Please take a try.

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 3:10 AM