set a treeview selected based on a query string. RRS feed

• Question

• User122680042 posted

Hi I have a webform. On the left hand side I have a tree navigation . It is populated from a XML file with .
    What I want to achive is when a querystring of the value of the XML file is matched , the tree node sets a setfocus or highlights on a particular node from the querystring passed through. I cant find a method which mimmicks findtreenode with value x and sets a selected .

e.g treenode is filled

home
    |
    folder 1
    |    -- item 1
    |    -- item 2
    |
    folder 2
    |    -- item 3
    |    -- item 4

when a querystring of SC=Item 1 is passed , it should search against the tree and open the folder branch and select item Item 1

I can use a for next loop and loop through each node but it will get slower as more nodes are added.

Monday, June 21, 2010 12:32 PM

Answers

• User-624088818 posted

Try below code

TreeNode node=TreeView.FindNode("ParentNode\\ChildNode");

node.select();

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:20 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

>>I can use a for next loop and loop through each node but it will get slower as more nodes are added.

No matter which practice you use, it can't avoid an underlying loop. I just wonder how you populate the treeview, if you perform it manually, you can give a check for each node in binding phase, instead of having a loop again after the treeview bound.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:26 PM

All replies

• User-624088818 posted

Try below code

TreeNode node=TreeView.FindNode("ParentNode\\ChildNode");

node.select();

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:20 AM
  • User-1136466523 posted

Hi,

>>I can use a for next loop and loop through each node but it will get slower as more nodes are added.

No matter which practice you use, it can't avoid an underlying loop. I just wonder how you populate the treeview, if you perform it manually, you can give a check for each node in binding phase, instead of having a loop again after the treeview bound.

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:26 PM