'Notifications' does not exist in the namespace 'Windows.UI'

Question

• Hello there.

I bought DevAcc a few days ago and I'm just learning some start up stuff.
    Now I tried to make tile update but when I'm using "Windows.UI.Notofications" I got an error like post's title.
    I read about Common Language Runtime Support but I was looking for this compile option and did not find anything.

I'm using VS 2012 Update 4 and C#

Could anyone help me?
    Marshall.
    Monday, March 24, 2014 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I think the problem due to a Windows 8/8.1 and Visual Studio combination. You can clean up your install and reinstall it. There are some things you can try:

Uninstall the Windows SDK for windows store apps.  Then run a re-install/repair on your VS installation. Or reinstall windows 8/8.1 OS and VS.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:24 AM

All replies

• Did you even manage the import of it? That's the most common error in these cases.
    Monday, March 24, 2014 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

I think the problem due to a Windows 8/8.1 and Visual Studio combination. You can clean up your install and reinstall it. There are some things you can try:

Uninstall the Windows SDK for windows store apps.  Then run a re-install/repair on your VS installation. Or reinstall windows 8/8.1 OS and VS.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:24 AM