none
The document (msword) file corrupt after exported using microsoft report viewer in VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After exporting the reportviewer data into msword, the file isn't opening. Finally a error for corrupting the file. However, the export is working fine with excel and pdf. The problem comes when the report contain more controls ( around 100 (textboxes, rectange, table etc). I tried to open the word file in Msword 2003 as well as 2007 but file not open.

if the report viewer have less controls then it's exported and word file open without any error. The word file open perfectly in MS-word 2007 but in Word 2003 the gridliness appear.

It's urgent. If anybody have solution so please let me know.

thanks

S

Friday, May 13, 2011 6:43 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem: a report with many textbox with a single value and a few tables. I'm using a rdlc in a winform application (and so a reportviewer control for winforms .net 4.0), and some c# object datasets. Pdf export works well but word file export result a corruped file.

I resolved the problem of creating a valid exported word file:

1. Moving all the parameters to a dataset with a single object in it. 
    2. Decompose the whole Report in a main report and some subreports linked to it.
    Monday, July 4, 2011 4:44 PM