Multiple Parameter Query returns blank screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a simple Lightswitch app I am working on that I want to create a List and Details screen based on two parameters selected by the user.

I am following the instructions at:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2010/11/22/how-to-create-a-screen-with-multiple-search-parameters-in-lightswitch.aspx

I created the query as instructed with multiple parameters in the Filter section of the query design screen.

I then created a List and Details screen in my app using the just created query.

When I start the application, I don't get the expected screen with an opportunity to enter the parameters I get an empty white screen that has nothing other than Tasks listed at the top of the screen.

Any suggestions?

This is the first screen I have created for this application.

Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:07 PM

Answers

• Are you able to open the Tasks menu and select the screen and it does in fact open? If so, it sounds like you cleared the default screen setting for your application. You can set it by right-clicking on the Screens node in Solution Explorer, select Edit Screen Navigation, select the screen you want to set as the default, and click the Set button at the bottom of the designer.

Justin Anderson, LightSwitch Development Team

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, February 25, 2013 8:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:21 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:39 AM