none
Only hardcoded data appears in output file RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Biztalk.  Trying to map a flat file to EDI.  If I hardcode a field by using a string concatenate functoid the data appears in the output files (both the xml and edi instances).  However, if I try to map the same fields directly from the input schema they don't make it across to either one.  Both source and destination schemas validate and the map runs without errors.  Does anyone know some things I can look at the correct this?  Right now I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks,

Frank

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:38 PM

Answers

• I rebuilt the FF schema from scratch and that has cleared the problem.  Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by FrankD302 Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:01 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:54 PM

All replies

• Ok the first thing you should try is making sure that the map is working as expected. what is the imput? Is it xml? then set the properties correctly on the map. It sounds like the properties are not right. Sometimes mapping to an edi, you have to set up the validation to false, otherwise it checks compliance. Therefore, set the validation to false, ensure that the properites are right and it should start working.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 7:08 PM
  • Thanks Carlos.

The input is flat file.  The output is EDI.  I verified the map properties and everything looks OK.  However, I noticed when I try to create an instance of the input flat file, only the first record in the flat file is created.  None of the other records exist.  Since my map doesn't use any of the fields in the first record, could this be related to why I don't see any output?  Could the  problem be with my flat file schema?

From looking at the schema properties, everything looks OK, but I would expect that all of the records would be present when I generate an instance, so I must be missing something.  Can I forward the schema to you?

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 3:19 AM
  • Make sure you have any Tag identifier. If not try to set it up based on your inbound file.

I would suggest you, upload your schema and paste the URL in this thread. Others can also easy to answer your question.

Thanks, Raja
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:55 AM
  • Thanks Carlos.

The input is flat file.  The output is EDI.  I verified the map properties and everything looks OK.  However, I noticed when I try to create an instance of the input flat file, only the first record in the flat file is created.  None of the other records exist.  Since my map doesn't use any of the fields in the first record, could this be related to why I don't see any output?  Could the  problem be with my flat file schema?

From looking at the schema properties, everything looks OK, but I would expect that all of the records would be present when I generate an instance, so I must be missing something.  Can I forward the schema to you?

Yes, please post the schema here. Also please post test data for review.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:58 AM
  • Hi Frank

Do a schema validation of the input flat file and check whether all the nodes are appearing in the output. Secondly, check that in the map properties you have set the input file location(file path) and type(native) correctly.

Nikhil

Thursday, April 22, 2010 4:05 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Try validating the input flat file with the input schema. You can do this by changing the type of input to native and assigning the input on schema properties. Looks like the input schema for the Flat File is not right.

Cheers

Bali

MCTS: BizTalk Server

----------------------------------------------------------

Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:36 AM
  • OK, I am able to successfully Validate Schema (all nodes appear in the output) and also Validate Instance.  However, when I try to Generate Instance I only get the first record.  Subsequent records that are defined in the schema do not get generated.

I tried pasting my schema here but kept getting errors.  Is there a trick to doing that?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:44 AM
  • The only reason why the subsequent records are not getting generated would be that the Min Occurs would have been set to 0. In this case the generate instance does not create record. May be this was the reason that you were only seeing hard coded values in the output. As generate instance will create records only for Min Occurs > 0.

Nikhil

Dont forget to mark as answer if its answeres you question or helpful if its helpful.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:15 AM
  • In my schema there are optional records where MinOccurs = 0.  However, there are also required records where MinOccurs > 0 and those records are not generated(except for the first record in the schema) when I do a Generate Instance.  I'm thinking there is a problem somewhere in my schema properties.  I've tried pasting the schema as part of the reply but I always get an error--it won't allow me to submit the reply when the schema is here.  What is the procedure for posting a schema?
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 9:02 PM
  • Are you using a custom made FF schema or using the EDI schema from the BizTalk package?

If first: do you use the FF Wizard to generate a FF schema?

BTW You mentioned "mapping" but here is only FF to XML transformation. It isn't mapping.

Leonid Ganeline [BizTalk MVP] Biztalkien blog
    Monday, May 31, 2010 6:49 PM
  • I rebuilt the FF schema from scratch and that has cleared the problem.  Thanks!
    • Marked as answer by FrankD302 Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:01 PM
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:54 PM