none
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - Remote Desktop from Windows Embedded Handheld Device - Removing Start Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who has Handhelds running Windows Embedded.  We are using the built in RDP application to connect to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard terminal services session.  When the session starts, the 'tiles' start screen is displayed and we are unable to get to the actual desktop.

Does anyone know how to set up each terminal server session to NOT start the start screen and just go to the desktop?

When I RDP into the session from an actual workstation running Windows 8, the desktop shows up without issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards.

• Moved by Sean LimingMVP Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:05 AM Windows Mobile question
    Monday, October 27, 2014 11:03 AM

All replies

• This forum is for POSReady. You might want to post to the Mobile forum:https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowsmobiledev

Or Windows CE forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsembeddedcompact

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Monday, October 27, 2014 3:52 PM
  • This is ridiculous.  I have posted on three forums and all the responses are just to post somewhere else.

This is NOT an issue with the mobile device or Windows Embedded.  It is an issue with Windows Start Screen.  And Why Windows CE Forum?  The mobile device is not running Windows CE. 

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:29 PM
  • The confusion is there are several Windows Embedded operating systems - XPe, WES7, WE8S, WEI8.1, Windows CE, Windows Handheld? The forum you are posting to is POSReady, which is yet another Windows Embedded OS. Windows CE is the only OS that has been put into handheld device. We have been waiting for see when someone has come out with Windows Handheld version, which is Windows Phone 8.1 brought to handheld.

What is the model and who is the manufacture of the device?

Can you look in system control panel to get the exact operating system version?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, October 31, 2014 12:42 AM