Word Templates in Sketchflow RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have or know where the Word Template that is used for the Export feature in Blend + Sketchflow is? They talk about how you can customize it...which is what I am trying to do...however, when I try to use a regular word template it ends up being the same as the default.
    Maybe some documentation would be nice?

THanks,
    AJ
    Aj
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:51 PM

All replies

• Blend just uses the default word template, so if you just create a new template, it will be a copy of the default template.  If you create a new template, you can modify the styles to get your desired results.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 10:57 PM
  • Is there any documentation as to how we could customize the templates further. For example, if I wanted some subareas to appear (text,tables,etc.) after each screenshot?

Thanks,
    AJ
    Aj
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 1:52 AM
  • I have just tried setting up the template again. It seems if we have a cover page or anything else like headers...it just ignores it. Is this by design?
    I would like to be able to output the information in the file into a format that I could use for a set of functional spec documents.
    Guessing that this is not necessarily possible.....
    Thanks,
    AJ
    Aj
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:02 AM
  • I believe your headers and footers should stay, as well as any styles that you have set.

I did just verify that it does remove the cover page, I'll file a bug for that issue, thanks for reporting it.

To answer your earlier question, there is no ability to further customize the document automatically beyond applying styles and header/footer in a template.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 2:49 PM
  • To answer your earlier question, there is no ability to further customize the document automatically beyond applying styles and header/footer in a template.

Do you know if the ability to modify the default template will be included on version 4? Sketchflow has saved me tons of time when I do the requirements documents, but I have to copy and paste all the images into my requirements doc. I tried to use one of my document templates and Sketchflow over wrote everything, but the header and footer like you mentioned in the previous thread.

This is an awesome tool, please keep improving it!
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 4:15 PM