Table Adapter not passing null to SProc RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have an SP that I call via table adapter.  If I do not pass a value in the string field ('eventRef'), the SP never gets called - it appears that the table adapter is filtering it...?  I need to be able to count records that have an 'eventRef' = to the one I pass, including null.  This works fine if I pass an 'eventRef', but never runs if that parm is empty.

Here is the TA definition

<asp:ObjectDataSource ConvertNullToDBNull="true" ID="ObjectDataSource1" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetData" TypeName="ImagesByEventTableAdapters.PagedImagesByEvent" OnSelecting="ObjectDataSource1_Selecting" OnSelected="ObjectDataSource1_Selected">

<SelectParameters>

<asp:QueryStringParameter Name="CategoryID" QueryStringField="CategoryID" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="24"/>

<asp:QueryStringParameter Name="EventID" QueryStringField="EventID" Type="Int32"/>

<asp:QueryStringParameter Name="EventRef" QueryStringField="erf" Type="String"/>

<asp:QueryStringParameter Name="PageIndex" QueryStringField="PageIndex" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="0"/>

<asp:Parameter Name="NumRows" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="16"/>

<asp:Parameter Name="ImageCount" Direction="Output" Type="Int32" DefaultValue="0" />

</SelectParameters>

</asp:ObjectDataSource>

And the SP:

set ANSI_NULLS ON

set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

go

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[PagingGetProductsByEvent]

@CategoryID INT,

@EventID INT,

@EventRef CHAR(10)=NULL,

@PageIndex INT,

@NumRows INT,