I need help in creating a stored procedure including two tables which returns a return code and error message RRS feed

• Question

• User1866964524 posted

I have two tables ERROR and ERROR_TEST , error table have few columns like error_eff_date , error_message having first 6 character as error code and then 36 char as error message.

ERROR_TEST table have 3 columns 6 char error_code_test , 42 char error_message_test and numeric 2 digit threshold.

I need to write an stored procedure where current day errors from error table need to be checked against the errors in error_test table and depending upon the threshold the return code need to be sent.

example suppose error message in error table is "E00001 unable to write financials" and the threshol;d for error E00001 in error-test table is 0 then return code of 16 should come indicating no such error is acceptable , suppose if threshold is 2 the 2 such errors are acceptable but when 3 similar error comes it should return the return code of 16 with error message and there are several types of error in both table.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 9:14 AM

All replies