Bulk SMS RRS feed

• Question

• User-104868884 posted

Hi,

I want to develop a SMS module for sending Bulk SMS.. can You tel how to integrate this in ASP.Net.. i went many tutorial but its not Clear

Monday, August 14, 2017 9:04 AM

Answers

• User347430248 posted

Hi asp.ambur,

after the service turn in to paid, I did not use it again. now I only send emails.

you can visit the website I post you in my previous replies to compare the price.

but as I said , if you find the service provider from your city then you can bargain with them.

they will not give you any discount in money but they can give you some more messages in your service. like if their plan generally give 10000 sms then they can give 12000 or they can extend the validity like the plan is for 1 year then they can allow you to use it for 14 months like that.

Regards

Deepak

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:35 AM

All replies

• User-1509636757 posted

First, you need to make a decision on selecting a Bulk SMS Provider. That can be a local provider which may provide you less expensive solution.

Alternatively, you can also opt some of very renowned and reliable services like Amazon SNS and Tvilio:

1. Sending SMS Messages with Amazon SNS - Amazon Simple Notification Service
    2. How to Send Bulk SMS Messages - Twilio
    Monday, August 14, 2017 10:11 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi yadhu,

before some years ago, many service providers and websites allow users to send free bulk sms.

but nowadays you need to purchase a specific plan to send bulk sms.

so the provider from whom you purchased the plan they also provide a code example that can work with their sms service.

for sending the sms you need to use their references in your web page.

then you need to pass the user name and password to login and validate in their site.

they provide some kind of key that you need to pass in the method of sending mail and you are ready to go to send mail.

below is an example that can try to refer.

protected void btnSend_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

SMS.APIType = SMSGateway.Site2SMS;

SMS.MashapeKey = "<Mashape API Key>";

SMS.Username = txtNumber.Text.Trim();

SMS.Password = txtPassword.Text.Trim();

if (txtRecipientNumber.Text.Trim().IndexOf(",") == -1)

{

//Single SMS

SMS.SendSms(txtRecipientNumber.Text.Trim(), txtMessage.Text.Trim());

}

else

{

//Multiple SMS

List<string> numbers = txtRecipientNumber.Text.Trim().Split(',').ToList();

SMS.SendSms(numbers, txtMessage.Text.Trim());

}

}

for more detailed information, please visit links below.

How to send free SMS from ASP.Net application to Mobile

Regards

Deepak

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:26 AM
  • User2033107836 posted

Hello Deepak

Will the code works in asp.net 2.0 c#..

also give me the cheap and best price sms provider in INDIA.

Thank You

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:26 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi asp.ambur,

I think it can easily work with the Asp.net 2.0.

for sms providers you can visit link below to get some details.

Top 5 Bulk SMS Service Providers in India

I suggest you to also try to find the local sms  provider in your city.

they can bargain and can give you a good deal. also you can easily contact them for support if provider is in same city.

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:37 AM
  • User2033107836 posted

Hello Deepak

For example i have three textbox in asp.net

Customer PhoneNo    :   Textbox1

Cargo Name                :  Textbox2

Tracking Number        :  Textbox3

Button -> Send SMS

If i pass phone number 919894XXXXX then cargo name and tracking number, then if i click send sms. Then SMS should send to customer phone no how to do in asp.net 2.0 C# give me example code..

Thank You

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:15 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi asp.ambur,

the same code will work with Asp.net 2.0 without any changes.

if you check the Send Sms method then you can see it needs to pass 2 arguments.

the first is for mobile number to whom you want to send sms. which already taken from the textbox.

the other argument is for message body.

so here you need to merge the values from the cargo name textbox and tracking number textbox as pass it as a single string.

currently I don't have any Api purchased. so I am not able to show you live example.

but if you want demo project then you can download it from the link I suggested you in my previous reply.

then you just need to make 2 more textbox and in code behind you can concatenate the value from two textbox and pass it to the method.

it's very simple and not need any major changes.

once you buy the service then just need to add key and username and password to work.

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:44 AM
  • User2033107836 posted

Hello Deepak

Can we send sms using this below Free 

Way2SMS (or) 160by2

Please check if possible make one small tutorial using this way2sms or 160by2

it will be helpful for all in asp.net 2.0 C#

Thank You

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:55 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi asp.ambur,

currently if you try to send sms from Waytosms or 160by2 from their web site then you can able to send message for free.

but you cannot send mail from your code without purchasing the service.

because you can see that in code we need to pass the Api Key.

so without Api Key it will not work.

I can remember that before some years ago I used to send mail through my code for free.

but after that all service providers change their policy and service become paid.

the reason was so many people misuse it and send advertisement messages to peoples.

so government made some rules and now we need to purchase it.

there are also other rules like you can only send bulk sms during working hours etc.

Reference:

Trai Regulation

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:10 AM
  • User2033107836 posted

Hello Deepak

You Mean To Say we cant send using way2sms or 160by2

we have to get paid service then only we can able to send sms right?

Can you give me the cheap cost sms service provider in india on or two provider..?

Thanks

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:27 AM
  • User347430248 posted

Hi asp.ambur,

after the service turn in to paid, I did not use it again. now I only send emails.

you can visit the website I post you in my previous replies to compare the price.

but as I said , if you find the service provider from your city then you can bargain with them.

they will not give you any discount in money but they can give you some more messages in your service. like if their plan generally give 10000 sms then they can give 12000 or they can extend the validity like the plan is for 1 year then they can allow you to use it for 14 months like that.

Regards

Deepak

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:35 AM