none
SQL Server Report Designer RRS feed

• Question

• I have come to a brick wall on the design I am trying to do for a sub report.  I am using version 8.00.743 in Vis. Studio 2003, I know a dinasour although it still gets the job done.  What I am trying to do is use multiple different lists that have different expressions for visibilitiy rights.  For example I have 13 list's each with a different visibility setting.  ListOne is only visible if type 1, listTwo only visible if type 2.  I am updating this report because before they had each list pilled on top of each other within the original report for the overall look of everything.  It worked fine but got to a point where it was just incredibly difficult to manage if list twelve needed a new text box you had to pull everything apart and when putting it back together the lists were resized and anyway a nightmare.  So, I created a subreport with all the different lists spread out with the visibility settings the same, so only one list could be visible at a time.  I figured when this happened the overall grid would shrink to size around the list.  Not the case and that's what I was wondering about is there a kind of property/setting where I can do this?
    Friday, July 23, 2010 6:24 PM