Developing a Navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone, 

Just a quick question, hopefully somebody can point me in the correct direction. I'm trying to improve the navigation on a sharepoint site that I'm developing for my company. Issue is, they've already dictated the navigation keywords (and there is a lot) so my idea was to do 5 main drop down menus on the top bar, each containing the other keywords. I've drawn up a mock of this below. Can anybody point me in the right direction in how I can develop this (bonus points if it can be done without admin access, as they won't let me have that either). 

Thanks, 

George

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Metadata management can help you here.

Create Term Set Navigation in term set and it it create separate separate Terms and sub Terms there.You can create custom properties of term if you want image for particular menu.

fetch this term stores using JavaScript or C#

Reading term set using JavaScript

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/123311/reading-a-term-set-using-javascript

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 2:45 PM
  • Will that give me the ability to dictate each link and where it's going? When I complete that, how do I format the menu to look as it does in my sketch? Do I have to edit the master page or template? 

Thanks, 

George 

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:18 PM
  • Hi gkemp,

Yes, to create such responsive navigation menu, we need to use custom JavaScript code in the master page to achieve it.

Here is a detailed demo would be helpful:

Responsive Top Navigation Menu

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:54 AM