none
Printing without viewing Report RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking at some old posts about printing a report without viewing in Report Viewer. Is there any easier way to do this with more recent upgrades to VB (I am using VB 2008)? I am hoping so. The code looks very complicated. I just want to be able to click on a button and have it print to the default printer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi J-Bal,

We did not make any enhancements to printing without viewing in the 2008 release. We are looking at this type of feature in a later release. We have this DCR on file, but you can also propose the DCR at http://connect.microsoft.com to keep the feature request on our radar.
    Brad Syputa, Microsoft Reporting Services This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.
    Monday, November 30, 2009 10:39 PM
  • Sounds great!!

In the meantime, does anyone have any sample code I can use to accomplish this? I looked at the 'Walkthrough: Printing a Local Report without Preview' but it looked like it was doing it from scratch. I already have the report built and bounded to an already existing dataset. I just need to go from that point.

thanks.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 5:37 PM
  • Forgot to mention - I would also like to have it print landscape and print to the pc or laptop's default printer (without having to hard code the printer name).

thanks.
    Friday, December 4, 2009 5:44 PM