none
Adding wait in orchestration

Question

• I have an orchestration where I am receiving correlated messages.  I have to keep collecting messages for an hour and then at the end the process it creates an aggregated message.

How do I add a wait logic so it can continue to collect for a specified amount of time.

Thank you

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Well...you just do...sorry, your question isn't too clear.

The first thing you should look at is the Delay Shape and Listen Shape in a Sequential Convoy.

Example: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/23580.biztalk-server-detecting-a-missing-message.aspx

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:36 PM
  • sorry for not being clear in my question, let me elaborate more 

I have an orchestration which job is to aggregate incoming messages.  It will run for an hour and any message that arrived during that window will be aggregated into a single flat file and will be written on a file system.

I need help to build a wait logic so I can continue to collect messages for a specified amount of time.  

The Listen and Delay shape is not working in my scenario.  The Listen shape listens for a message until the time is defined in Delay shape and as soon as a message arrives, it moves on.  In my process, I have to keep collecting messages and this is where I am having issue.

Hope this helps to clarify the question.

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:52 PM
  • I hope the example provided will help to resolve my concern.

Thank you

Friday, August 18, 2017 5:03 PM
  • Skip the orchestration, prone to errors (orphans - consumed to but not processed)
    When we are deailing with flat files use append in your send port
    Have the scheduled task adapter move the file to destination every one hour

/Peter

Monday, August 21, 2017 10:39 PM