How To Allow All Users RRS feed

• Question

• User930584213 posted

I hate security.  There should be a set of geeks that handle security in applications and then programmers could focus more of their efforts on writing code and not d****** around with security.  After wasting 4 hours with this I will see if someone else can solve this problem.

I want to open up my web site to all users, then I'm going to start adding security to specific folders/pages.  I've taken off every security measure I can find and I still get prompted with a windows login when I navigate to my website.

I set anonymous authentication allowed in IIS.  I set authentication to None in IIS (actually I did these in GoDaddy's control panel).  Then I set the code below in web.config, but I still get prompted for a login.  Why?  Where is security hiding? This code is under the system.web node in web config:

<authentication mode="None" />

<authorization>

<allow users="*" />

</authorization>

Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:54 PM

Answers

• User930584213 posted

I found the answer I was searching for when I contacted GoDaddy help desk.  They pointed out that I had to set the permissions on all of the folders and files to allow the anonymous user.  It's things like that which caused me to hate dealing with security.  I know we need it, but I want someone else to administer it so I can get back to programming.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:10 PM

All replies

• User-1716253493 posted

set authencation mode form then create login page to access specific folder.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:44 PM
  • User930584213 posted

I found the answer I was searching for when I contacted GoDaddy help desk.  They pointed out that I had to set the permissions on all of the folders and files to allow the anonymous user.  It's things like that which caused me to hate dealing with security.  I know we need it, but I want someone else to administer it so I can get back to programming.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:10 PM