none
BizTalk Server Powershell extension RRS feed

• Question

• It seems that the PowerShell Extension for BizTalk Server now ships with the BizTalk Server 2013 media, does that mean that it is now an official part of the product?

I have a few questions regarding the product:

If I get help for the CmdLet: Terminate-ServiceInstances it says that it supports CommonParameters, yet if I run it with the -whatif parameter I get the following error:

Terminate-ServiceInstance : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'whatif'

Also I am puzzled as to where I can find Maps in the PowerShell Extension?

If I use Get-ChildItem on an Application I get the following:

Name
    ----
    Back References
    Orchestrations
    Policies
    Pipelines
    References
    Receive Locations
    Receive Ports
    Resources
    Schemas
    Send Port Groups
    Send Ports

I also can't find any map references etc. in Send Ports nor Receive Ports?

Morten la Cour

Friday, November 29, 2013 9:44 AM

Answers

• I think the PowerShell provider was just included (bundled) but there is not Microsoft Support that I know of for it. It is community supported through the CodePlex site - http://psbiztalk.codeplex.com.

For both of your questions, these sound like gaps in the provider. Please add an issue on the CodePlex site. I help with some of the coding for the provider so I can work on adding this functionality.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:38 AM

All replies

• I think the PowerShell provider was just included (bundled) but there is not Microsoft Support that I know of for it. It is community supported through the CodePlex site - http://psbiztalk.codeplex.com.

For both of your questions, these sound like gaps in the provider. Please add an issue on the CodePlex site. I help with some of the coding for the provider so I can work on adding this functionality.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Just updating this thread, I added issues to the CodePlex site for the gaps mentioned in this thread.

Monday, December 9, 2013 10:00 PM