uwp unit test project in VSTS build RRS feed

• Question

• i have solution with two projects:

- uwp app

- uwp test project

Now i am getting this error from the VSTS build (i used the uwp template)

MakeAppx (0, 0)
    Error info: error 80080204: The package with file name "DossierViewer.Tests_1.0.0.0_x86.appx" and package full name "a7e493e8-d965-4f7c-8a14-6e715b003e12_1.0.0.0_x86__5q3b35137xmx2" is not valid in the bundle because it has a different package family name than other packages in the bundle. The expected package name is 791f1a37-b8d2-442b-8287-690bc8d113d6.

how can i make sure it doesnt try to package the test project

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Dave Smits,

I think you can manually exclude the project for packaging by specifying only required project path in build definition.

And also check the below link which might help you.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vs/alm/build/apps/universal

Regards,

Friday, May 6, 2016 9:56 AM
  • I followed that link to create the definition initially but i can't find where you specify which project needs to be pacakges..

able to fix it by removing the unit test project from the solution but that is not really what i want

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 6:17 PM
  • This error appears because at the solution level, it’s not clear which app should appear in the bundle. To resolve this issue, open each project file and add the following properties at the end of the first <PropertyGroup> element:

Project Properties
    App <AppxBundle>Always</AppxBundle>
    UnitTests <AppxBundle>Never</AppxBundle>

Then, remove the AppxBundle msbuild argument from the build step.

see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/packaging/auto-build-package-uwp-apps?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#bundle-errors

Arnaud H.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 4:56 PM