Multiple users Executing the same package RRS feed

• Question

• My Scenarion :

I do have  SSIS Packages That are executing depending on the Line of business selected .(LOB)

LOB are selected from UI (a .Net Application) . from that the SSIS  package (SQL JOB) are executed .

SSIS packages loads the data from source to destination . and does some validation on the data

requiremet :

Now the requirement is to execute the same SSIS packages for the multiple users ..

Suppose the User1 selected the LOB - Retail and loaded the SSIS packages (data Load) and at the same time others users should be able to load th data or execute the same

Please suggest some possible way to execute the same package for Multiple users . or tell some best Possible way so that it can be implemented .
    Do i need to keep Track of teh users loading the Files(.csv) and then execute teh same in sequence .Please suggest ...?????

Monday, July 17, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Rakesh,

this is not a desirable situation to allow users to run the same package in concurrent manner.

Instead the execution should be queued.

If you do insist on running the package simultaneously you will need to ensure the changes do not step on each other e.g. the tables involved are never locked in exclusive mode or the entire table lock is imposed, beware, this is hard to do with relational databases.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Monday, July 17, 2017 7:32 PM
  • Hi Rakesh Dhar,

I think you could try to use DTexec tool with different user to execute the same package at same time.

In this scenario, SSIS will be capable of doing this and create multiple threads. Please check this similar thread: Concurrent run of a package

Check if this helps.

Regards,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Pirlo Zhang Friday, July 21, 2017 9:10 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Monday, July 24, 2017 9:51 AM
    Friday, July 21, 2017 9:10 AM
  • refer following link

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1161bc6b-b847-4609-92b0-27467be89027/multiple-users-trying-to-run-same-ssis-package?forum=sqlintegrationservices

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Monday, July 24, 2017 4:17 AM