none
Database Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was trying to connect my database using data source= databasename.extension, my problem is my database doesn't updating. i just want my data source to be flexible wherever i put my program in different PC.
    Friday, March 23, 2018 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hi, I was trying to connect my database using data source= databasename.extension, my problem is my database doesn't updating. i just want my data source to be flexible wherever i put my program in different PC.

please help me

Friday, March 23, 2018 4:55 AM

please help me , i'm newbee

Friday, March 23, 2018 4:57 AM
  • Hello Lisztomania,

Did you consider putting database file into the folder for the executable file? And then access it by relative path or Application.StartupPath property.

Best regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 23, 2018 6:48 AM
  • What type of database?

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Friday, March 23, 2018 2:32 PM