none
Add seperate style for table in footer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have written application plug-in for Word to creating document in way that I add the defined table with data to footer of document. Last time the members of application reported problems that when they modify style "Normal" and push  "Update Normal to Match Selection" then the table in footer looks different. The question is how to protect the style of table in footer against changing in upper way by the users?

Regards

Tommy

Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:01 PM

Answers

• Make sure the table is formatted after its been created with style definitions that aren't based on Normal.

Word styles "inherit" from styles on which they are based - the concept is similar to CSS, but not identical. Everything bases on Normal by default, but styles can be designed that are independent of Normal.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, September 13, 2013 1:24 PM

All replies

• Make sure the table is formatted after its been created with style definitions that aren't based on Normal.

Word styles "inherit" from styles on which they are based - the concept is similar to CSS, but not identical. Everything bases on Normal by default, but styles can be designed that are independent of Normal.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Friday, September 13, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your answer. It's solution for my issue. Works great.

Thank you and Regards

Tommy

Friday, September 13, 2013 2:15 PM