none
Problem. Unable to launch the IIS Express Web Server, happend after Update 1

Question

• I just installed Visual Studio 2015 Update 1, and now I get this error when I try to run my TypeScript solution

"Unable to launch IIS Express Web Server"

"Failed to register URL ..... cannot access the file because it is being used bu another process."

I have (of course) tried to restart the computer, and I tried to delete the folder c:\user\<name>\IISExpress, and I'm running VS as administrator.

Help !!

Monday, December 07, 2015 2:38 PM

Answers

• Turns out I just had to change the port in Project | Properties | Project URL. Not sure why it kept complaining, even after reboot - but anyway. Got it working by simply changing the port (by 10, when I changed it by 1 I still go the same error)
    Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:05 AM

All replies

• Turns out I just had to change the port in Project | Properties | Project URL. Not sure why it kept complaining, even after reboot - but anyway. Got it working by simply changing the port (by 10, when I changed it by 1 I still go the same error)
    Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:05 AM
  • Hi jkristia,

>>Turns out I just had to change the port in Project | Properties | Project URL. Not sure why it kept complaining, even after reboot - but anyway. Got it working by simply changing the port (by 10, when I changed it by 1 I still go the same error)

Does your project portal was “1” when it happens error and now it’s “10”? If true, I think you’d better change the project to a new dynamic or private ports(range 49152 to 65535). Because the “0 to 1023” is the well-known ports and they are tightly bound in some services. For more things, you could have a look at the following link about well-known ports.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers#Well-known_ports

Best Regards,

April WX.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 6:33 AM