Can we configure the Registry Filter in the Run time image RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add a new entry to Registry Filter once the OS is installed? I don't know which key to protect in the ICE, as the folder name is PC dependent (with GUID in the name). If it is possible can anyone provide steps (or point me to a document) to achieve it?

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:42 PM

Answers

• I have found that you can edit registry to add custom keys to registry filter when the FBWF is disabled in the RunTime build. eg. you can add the following registry entries to protect registry folder: HKLM\Software\YourApp

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RegFilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RegFilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys\_AppName]
    "ClassKey"="HKLM"
    "FileNameForSaving"="_AppName.RGF"
    "RelativeKeyName"="SOFTWARE\\YourApp"

• Marked as answer by ulahoti Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:42 PM

All replies

• There isn't a direct way to do this, but there was some discussion on fix a corrupted filter: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/embeddedwindowseefs/thread/4008fe0c-4ad2-4a67-a292-81113a21e4e7

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:45 AM
  • I have found that you can edit registry to add custom keys to registry filter when the FBWF is disabled in the RunTime build. eg. you can add the following registry entries to protect registry folder: HKLM\Software\YourApp

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RegFilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\RegFilter\Parameters\MonitoredKeys\_AppName]
    "ClassKey"="HKLM"
    "FileNameForSaving"="_AppName.RGF"
    "RelativeKeyName"="SOFTWARE\\YourApp"

• Marked as answer by ulahoti Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 2:42 PM