none
Visual Studio 2010 Not Responding with DAX Code in Measure (Formula Bar & Grid)

Question

• Kindly I have a problem with writing DAX code in Visual Studio 2010 in both (Measure in Formula Bar & Measure Grid).

what happen is when i tried to write code in both (Measure in Formula Bar & Measure Grid)  Visual Studio Froze and stopped working,when i tried write (IF) just first letter and stopped

Kindly Advise I don't know what is wrong and it start happen in more than "Tabular"

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 10:34 AM

All replies

• Kindly I have a problem with writing DAX code in Visual Studio 2010 in both (Measure in Formula Bar & Measure Grid).

what happen is when i tried to write code in both (Measure in Formula Bar & Measure Grid)  Visual Studio Froze and stopped working, when i tried write (IF) just first letter and stopped

Kindly Advise I don't know what is wrong and it start happen in more than "Tabular"

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Hi Mohamed Raafat,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did you meet this issue recently or it always existing after your installed the VS 2010? If it just happens recently, check if you installed any extensions in VS or any updates in windows update, you can try to remove it one by one to have a test, if there has.

Have you install the VS 2010 SP1? If not, please download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 (Installer) and run as administrator, then check this issue again.

There are some factors that can caused the VS frozen or stop working, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Run the VS with safe mode:  open an administrative CMD window and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE and run these commands: devenv.exe /safemode
    2. Clean up the user data in VS: run the command devenv /resetuserdata
    3. Run the VS as administrator: to excludes the permission issue
    4. Go to Control Panel—Programs and Features and right click the VS 2015 item and Change-Repair

After each step, please reopen VS and check this issue again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 8:29 AM