Publish a VBNet 2008 program in 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I can run my program written in VBNNet2008 but when I try to publish it, I get these errors that I'm not sure how to fix:

Warnings 2&3 The currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client" does not include "System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" which the referenced assembly "ExplorerControls" depends on. This caused the referenced assembly to not resolve. To fix this, either (1) change the targeted framework for this project, or (2) remove the referenced assembly from the project. JID Treeview List

Warning 4 Item 'Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1' could not be located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bootstrapper\'. JID Treeview List

Warning 5 Item 'Windows Installer 4.5' is required by 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', but was not included. JID Treeview List

• Moved by Mike Feng Friday, January 11, 2013 9:18 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:18 PM

Answers

• Sorry, bu I didn't see what to change in the Advanced Compile Options.

I did find where to change the "targeted framework" and got those errors to disappear. But I'm not sure how to clear these below.

Warning 2 Item 'Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1' could not be located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bootstrapper\'. JID Treeview List

Warning 3 Item 'Windows Installer 4.5' is required by 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', but was not included. JID Treeview List

Error 4 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\x64\Release\app.publish\\setup.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. JID Treeview List

• Marked as answer by Bob Wu-MT Friday, January 11, 2013 9:33 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Continuing to explore this version and found the Installer errors,  but am still getting the signing error:

Error 2 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\x64\Release\app.publish\\setup.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. JID Treeview List

To get rid of the Installer errors, I found the check boxes in the  first tab (JID Treeview List) > Publish > Prerequisites window

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:45 PM
  • OK, I'm not sure how I got through the signing process, but I think I created a Test Certificate and used that to sign it.

If anyone has more information on signing, I'd appreciate a better explanation.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:50 PM

All replies

• Try the full framework

Project -> Project properties -> Compile -> Advanced Compile Options 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:25 PM
  • Sorry, bu I didn't see what to change in the Advanced Compile Options.

I did find where to change the "targeted framework" and got those errors to disappear. But I'm not sure how to clear these below.

Warning 2 Item 'Microsoft.Windows.Installer.3.1' could not be located in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0A\Bootstrapper\'. JID Treeview List

Warning 3 Item 'Windows Installer 4.5' is required by 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', but was not included. JID Treeview List

Error 4 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\x64\Release\app.publish\\setup.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. JID Treeview List

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:35 PM
  • Continuing to explore this version and found the Installer errors,  but am still getting the signing error:

Error 2 An error occurred while signing: Failed to sign bin\x64\Release\app.publish\\setup.exe. SignTool Error: No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. JID Treeview List

To get rid of the Installer errors, I found the check boxes in the  first tab (JID Treeview List) > Publish > Prerequisites window

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:45 PM
  • OK, I'm not sure how I got through the signing process, but I think I created a Test Certificate and used that to sign it.

If anyone has more information on signing, I'd appreciate a better explanation.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:50 PM
  • Hi AJohn,

I found you already solved all issues. This SignTool error occurs usually caused by invalid certificate. For example, the certificate is expired.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:33 AM