How can I refresh the list of SQL server databases when I connect the project to a new SQL server? RRS feed

• Question

• I have connected an existing SSMA project to a different SQL server target. The new SQL server has the same target database as the old one but I still see a list of all the other databases that were on the first sql server and don't exist in the new sql server. I tried synchronize the schema but these extra databases are still there.

How can I refresh the list so it only shows dbs that are actually on the sql server I am connected to?

Thanks,

Matthew MacFarland

Monday, December 3, 2012 10:57 PM

All replies

• Are you sure your Data source is the right one. worthwhile creating a new connection then.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:04 AM
  • Kumar,

Yes. I verified this by altering the data in one of the tables on the target database and then ran the Migrate Data option. It refreshed the correct database. The only problem is that the other databases on the list below the server don't exist on the server and I can't figure out how to get them off.

Thanks,

Mathew

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:48 PM
  • You can just try collapsing the node for databases on this server and right-click, click refresh. Check if that works out well.

Piyush T

Monday, January 7, 2013 6:08 PM
  • We cannot find a refresh option on the right click menu.
    Monday, January 7, 2013 10:23 PM
  • Can you tell me what are the versions of your source and target SQL servers?

Piyush T

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:20 AM
  • Target: 2008R2 Standard 64-bit

Source: Oracle

• Edited by macfarmw Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 4:00 PM