Azure File Storage - IOPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just checking to see the if their is anyway we can configure Azure File storage with specific IOPS. I can adda file storage but I don't get an option to preselect IOPS

I tried contacting Azure support team but it seems that they have no idea. They keep asking me to raise a technical support question which is not free. All I want is to get a azure file storage of eg 100 GB with 1000 IOPS.

any help with this regards is appreciated.

thank you

Regards,

Ram.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 3:48 AM

All replies

• Hello RAMZ,

Did you tried to check the metrics option in the storage account using azure portal?

As for measuring the IOPS for the storage account, you could monitor the Transactions metric for the storage account. This is not really measuring the IOPS, but it does give you some visibility into the number of transactions (which sort of relates to IOPS) across the storage account. You can configure this from the storage account blade and clicking Metrics in the Monitoring section as shown below.

Currently with the standard file share you will get Max 1000  IOPS per share. If you are using preview feature premium file shares, you will get Max 5120 IOPS baseline and 15,360 IOPS with burst. But the premium file share currently it’s in preview and available in the following regions (Central US, East US 2, West US, North Europe, East US). For more information on this, you can refer here.

DISKSPD is a storage load generator / performance test tool from the Windows/Windows Server and Cloud Server Infrastructure Engineering teams to check the IOPS for storage. I would suggest you refer here and here. See if this helps you.

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:26 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:26 AM
  • Hi Yaswanth,

Thank you.

Will have look at the metrics. 

Our problem is , we have created an azure File share which is mapped to all our users. This share hosts a an application. Launching the application is taking more than 2 minutes which is not an acceptable time. Being a production environment we can not try this on a preview. But I will copy test data to see the performance.

being a small scale we donot have any onsite infrastructure. All our our services are hosted only in AZURE.

Thank you

Regards, Ram.

Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:47 AM
  • If you have testing environment, please do test and let us know to help better on this.
    Friday, January 11, 2019 5:20 AM