none
Macro Assistance Please. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a spreadsheet with names of intersections.

I would like to create a Visio files that contains a tab named for each intersection in my spreadsheet. I have over 100 intersections and I was wondering if there was a say to speed up this tedious task.

Thank you,

Kachi

Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:33 PM

Answers

• kachi,

yes it can be accomplished using vba and assuming that you are using one of the professional versions of Visio (v2007, v2010, or v2013). The excel sheet can be imported as a recordset and then the appropriate column in the worksheet can be read and used to create a new page in the visio document. You should probably start by getting the v2010 SDK which has a lot of the base routines that you will require.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Friday, April 25, 2014 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for General Office Development

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=officegeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 25, 2014 2:36 AM
  • kachi,

yes it can be accomplished using vba and assuming that you are using one of the professional versions of Visio (v2007, v2010, or v2013). The excel sheet can be imported as a recordset and then the appropriate column in the worksheet can be read and used to create a new page in the visio document. You should probably start by getting the v2010 SDK which has a lot of the base routines that you will require.

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Friday, April 25, 2014 12:44 PM