Assembly binding logging is turned OFF RRS feed

• Question

• User532789297 posted

Hi,

I encountered these problems when I deploy my project in the web server to access online but when I run it locally nothing error like these happens. What should I do. Please help me.

<%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1"%>

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Monday, May 22, 2017 8:13 AM

All replies

• User1086429607 posted

Most likely that is a warning being generated. Does the server event log show a more detailed error? Do you have AjaxControlTookit inside your Bin directory (I will assume your web.config is correct)

Monday, May 22, 2017 3:34 PM
  • User532789297 posted

what should i put in my web.config?

This is the whole error by the way when it runs online.

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>
    Line 3:  <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    Line 4:  

Source File: /eor/eor/Default.aspx    Line: 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:28 AM
  • User1086429607 posted
    The error states the file could not be found (AjaxControlToolkit). Can you copy that file from your local machine to the Bin directory on the server?
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:46 AM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi bearamzz,

According to your description, I suggest you could check if the assembly (AjaxControlToolkit.dll) is put in the \bin folder(in the web server) of the your site's folder.

If the assembly exists and you still have this error, please check your IIS Application Pool, and make sure that your web application's .NET CLR Version is v4.

Best regards,
    Dillion

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:13 AM